- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Animal Clinic of Clayton now offeres Laser surgery . CO2 Laser equipment provides several benefits to both surgeon and patient.
What is Laser Surgery ?
Interaction of laser light with tissue provides a fundamentally different approach to surgery. In laser surgery, a highly focused laser beam can efficiently ablate ( either vaporize or chip away ) the living tissue. At the same time, it seals ( welds) capillaries, small blood vessels, lymphatics and nerve endings which in turn provides significant benefits to both patients and surgeons.
Clinical benefits of Laser surgery
For the reasons listed below , Laser surgery provides the benefit of quicker recovery of pet.
Reduced pain: The CO2 laser beam seals nerve endings as it cuts through tissue. This reduces the amount of pain the patient feels during and after surgery.
Reduced Bleeding: The CO2 laser beam cauterizes and seals small blood vessels as it cuts. This laser energy achieves hemostasis and provides the surgeon with a bloodless surgical fields in most procedures.
Reduced Swelling: There is no physical contact between the laser and the surgical region , eliminating the tearing and bruising of tissue associated with traditional surgical methods. Lymphatic vessels are also sealed.
Reduced Infection: Laser energy acts as an antibacterial agent by producing high temperatures , effectively eliminating microorganisms.
Following are the most common procedures done using CO2 Laser:
1. Papilloma/Wart removal: For this procedure no general anesthesia is needed. In most cases local anesthesia is used and a minimal sedation if needed depending upon the pet.
2. Declaw procedure in cats: Using Laser makes this procedure a guilt free declaw since there is very minimal pain and post operative care needed.
3. Tumor removals: Tumor removals using CO2 laser is very beneficial since there is less chances of tumor cells leaking into surrounding tissue as the lymphatic vessels and blood vessels sealed as the laser beam is used to cut the tissue.
4. Soft palate resection: CO2 laser is ideal for this procedure as it minimizes post operative swelling. This procedure is commonly recommended for brachycephalic breeds like Bull dogs, Boston Terriers, Pug and French Bull dogs.
5. Ophthamologic procedures such as eyelid abnormalities ( entropion and ectropion ), prolapse of third eyelid gland ( cherry eye ), dystichiae removal etc.
|Monday||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||1:00 pm|
|8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||8:00 am||9:00 am||Closed|
|6:00 pm||8:00 pm||8:00 pm||8:00 pm||6:00 pm||1:00 pm||Closed|
What can we help you find?